Mango and passion fruit relish skewers
This relish tastes good with chicken or beef.
Recipe Type: Light meals
|Time to make:
||Less than 1 hour
- Sauté red onion in olive oil.
- Add garlic and red chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add mango, passion fruit pulp, juice and zest of lemon, brown sugar and water to pan.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes cool and refridgerate until needed.
- Cube chicken fillets and add 125ml relish. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Thread onto skewers and fry in olive oil until golden.
- Place on a baking tray and bak at 180°C for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Brush with 125ml relish.
- Serve with chopped coriander, chillies and pitas on the side.