Try this delicious recipe.
Recipe Type: Mains
Beef and veal
|Time to make:
||More than 2 hours
- Prepare a direct fire to a moderate heat.
- Place a fire – proof/ Potjie pot onto the grid and allow pot to come to a high heat.
- Heat the oil in the pot and add beef. Sauté until well coloured.
- Add the onions and brown together
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and add to the pot. Stir well, cover with lid and simmer for 1,5 hours.
- Layer the dried fruit, and the vegetables as they appear in that order except for the cabbage, courgette’s and pea’s.
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Cover with lid and allow pot to simmer for a further 45 min. Add remaining vegetables and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Thicken with corn flour and water mixture in necessary.
- Remove pot from the fire and serve with rice or pot bread.
- The many vegetables in this recipe help to dish to go further without adding excess fat or energy to the meal.